Difference between revisions of "Quote bbCode Tag"
m (Protected "Quote bbCode Tag" ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 03:40, 26 August 2012
Quoting an an important and commonly
misused feature on the SydLexia.com Forums.
Examples of How Misuse Causes Syd Lexia to go Insane
|For love of GOD, people, learn to use the quote function properly. I had to fix EVERY SINGLE FUCKING QUOTED POST IN THIS THREAD EXCEPT VALDRONIUS'S due to improper spacing.
You see the way they look now? THAT'S THE WAY THEY SHOULD LOOK.
IF YOU FUCKING PEOPLE DON'T FUCKING STOP PUTTING EXTRA FUCKING SPACES AFTER FUCKING QUOTES, I WILL BRING DOWN THE ALMIGHTY FUCKING BANHAMMER UPON YOU ALL.THIS I SWEAR ON THE FRESHLY DUG GRAVE OF THE HOLY DAVID CARRADINE.
|- Syd Lexia (Source)|
How to Use the Quote bbCode Tag
- When you utilize the Quote function to reply to a post on the board you should notice that the post text is added to the message window enclosed in a [quote=""][/quote] block. This method allows you to quote with a reference to a person or whatever else you choose to put! For example to quote a piece of text Mr. Blobby wrote you would enter:
[quote="Mr. Blobby"]The text Mr. Blobby wrote would go here[/quote]
The resulting output will automatically add "Mr. Blobby wrote:" before the actual text. Remember you must include the quotation marks "" around the name you are quoting, they are not optional.
- The second method allows you to blindly quote something. To utilize this enclose the text in [quote][/quote] tags. When you view the message it will simply show the text within a quotation block.
- - These Instructions were taken directly from phpBB's BBCode guide
Additional Instructions at SydLexia.com
After you close a quote tag with the code [/quote] you are to use a single line break prior to your next entry. The quote block function will assume this action and will properly line space your following entry. Using two line breaks is unnecessary and will enrage Syd Lexia.
- Example Input 1 Incorrect:
- Example Output 1 Incorrect:
- Example Input 1 Correct:
- Example Output 1 Correct: