Removing spam from Sydapedia
Spam Has Been Spotted
Open The Spam Entry In A Window
Open The Blocklist In A New Window
We're also going to block the fucker who posted this shit, so right click on the "block" command to the right of the spammer's name. Once the blocklist in a new window. Once again, you can open it in a new tab if you want instead.
Deleting The Spam Article, Part I
Deleting The Spam Article, Part II
Deleting The Spam Article, Part III
Deleting The Spam Article, Part IV
Now we're going to enter a new reason for deletion. That reason is "fuck off". The reason doesn't HAVE to be "fuck off", but the reason does need to be changed. See, the default reason for deletion displays some of the original content of the article. We do not want this, because it makes it easier for other spam bots to find the wiki. Once the reason has been changed, press "Delete page" to delete the page.
Deleting The Spam Article, Part V
Blocking The Spammer, Part I
Blocking The Spammer, Part II
Set the expiration date for the ban to "infinite". Set the reason for the ban to "fuck off". Check off the "Prevent user from sending e-mail" box. Once these three things are done, click the "Block this user" button.
Blocking The Spammer, Part III
Six New Edits
Once all the spammers are blocked and their entries deleted, we have one more thing left to do. The sidebar of the Site News section of SydLexia.com displays the six most recent edits to the Sydapedia. In order to keep the Site News section looking professional, and in order to make it harder for other spambots to find the site, we must now edit six existing pages in order to get the spam and deletion logs out of the sidebar. It doesn't matter what six pages you edit, but Syd usually does the following six edits:
- Tebor: the second to last sentence of the article alternates between "Maybe?" and "Maybe a little?"
- Dr. Jeebus: the word "biological" is either added or removed before the word "brother" in the first sentence.
- Syd Lexia's Video Game Collection: the word "somewhat" either added or removed before "incomplete" in the opening paragraph.
- Super Luscious Zombie Tits: the words "sometimes" is either added or removed before the word "known" in the parenthetical statement.
- 4chan: the adjective in front of "awful" is changed.
- Newgrounds: the adjective in front of "retarded" is changed.
And that's it. Have fun.