Talk:Sydapedia Style Discussion
Original Notes from GPFontaine
So far the colors that have been used are the colors that make up the rest of Sydlexia.com
Purple: #9966FF Green: #00FF00 Dark Gray: #333333 White: #FFFFFF Black: #000000
Some shades of these colors have been used to add effect, but overall these are the colors that have made up this site.
The navigation menu on the left has been changed to a gray background, purple border, and white text. The font is now Comic Sans MS. There is a little bit of a funky deal with the margin on the left side. I am working it out.
Once this is fixed, the search and toolbox will be fixed too.
Up top, the navigation section and the user tools have been changed to be more in tune with the rest of the site.
The footer has been changed to look more like it blends in with this site. I personally think that it should be altered to better assist with navigation of the entire Sydapedia website.
While I am working on this I also have many other projects, a full time job, and a wife to juggle. So it will go a bit slow, however I think it is going to get easier from this point on.
Be sure to comment below this if you want to contribute, bust balls, or just shoot the shit.
Notes from Syd Lexia
I do not like the pink on the tabs... I vote for white or gray. - SydLexia
Response from GPF
I gotcha on the tabs. They are white now. I still have a bit to do, but I think I got the navigation panel all worked out.
I still have a bit to do, but all is starting to come together.
Gishman P. Fontaine 11:49, 14 January 2008 (PST)
GPF - Massive Changes
As you can see, I did a major change to the color of the site.
Here are the things that I have not had time to finish yet.
- Table of contents blocks
- Templates with backgrounds (Including the front page)
- Spacing at the top of the page
- Input & buttons
- Horizontal Ruled lines
- I am unhappy with the purple border at the top, I am going to try out some other ideas (probably a light gray or something)
- Work on making the font consistent throughout the page
- Fixing the preferences page so that the font isn't white (or the background isn't white)
- Changing the hover color on the personal buttons (upper right)
- Repositioning the "Media Wiki" button at the bottom of the page.
- Highlight from green to purple is dumb. I'm going to make it from green to white or light green.
For now thats what I hope to get done in the next day or so.
Once again, I welcome all suggestions.
Gishman P. Fontaine 13:13, 14 January 2008 (PST)
- There are a few other tweaks I need to look into.
MOGHARR 16:51, 14 January 2008 (PST) It looks really good, I like it. The only thing is, some parts (like the Contents box) still have a white background so it's kind of hard to see the green text.