AC/DC, a rowdy pack of vertically-challenged Australians, is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Actually, they're the only band on Earth that fits into the 'Rock' genre. All other bands fit into a sub-genre of rock, but AC/DC is just rock. They accomplish this feat with their brilliant combination of sexual lyrics, anthemic choruses, and power chords. AC/DC rocks.
Exceptions to every Rule?
9 times out of 10, when a singer in a band is fired, or dies, all the fans call it blasphemy when they continue on with another one. This is known as Replacement Singer Syndrome. All of the members in AC/DC were drunks, but original lead singer Bon Scott was the one who passed out in a car drunk and never woke up again. The band continued on with Brian Johnson (who doesn't sound anything like Bon) and made the legendary Back In Black. That album went on to sell a shit ton of copies, so they must have done something right.
- Ross Rifle's middle name is Angus, named after AC/DC's lead guitarist Angus Young.
- Angus might have metal fingers. How else could he play the way he does? They would fall off if anyone else did that.
- That shit ton of copies that Back In Black sold actually totals over 42 million worldwide. Which is proof that you don't have to be a shitty teen pop artist in order to get a "Diamond Award." Needless to say, if you aren't one of those 42 million people, you better get your ass together and go buy it. "Highway To Hell" is essential as well.
The top 30 AC/DC songs (according to this months issue of Classic Rock Magazine)
- 30. Rock & Roll Train
- 29. Fire Your Guns
- 28. Hell Ain't A Bad Place
- 27. If You Want Blood (You Got it)
- 26. It's a Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock & Roll)
- 25. Night Prowler
- 24. Squealer
- 23. Overdose
- 22. Shoot To Thrill
- 21. Rock & Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
- 20. Stiff Upper Lip
- 19. Let There Be Rock
- 18. T.N.T.
- 17. What's Next to The Moon
- 16. Touch Too Much
- 15. Walk All Over You
- 14. Big Balls
- 13. Hells Bells
- 12. Jailbreak
- 11. Sin City
- 10. Thunderstruck
- 9. Problem Child
- 8. Girls Got Rhythm
- 7. Down Payment Blues
- 6. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
- 5. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
- 4. Whole Lotta Rosie
- 3. You Shook Me All Night Long
- 2. Highway To Hell
- 1. Back In Black
Edit: While I have a total boner for lists, I do not 100% endorse this one. Especially if Squealer, Overdose, and the vastly overrated Sin City are on there.