LexiaBot9000 is an IRC bot run by Fernin in the SydLexia.com IRC channel. The bot was added as a trivia game, though right now the trivia sucks (send Fernin some good pop culture questions about the 80's and early 90's, damnit!).
On / Off
LexiaBot9000 is turned on and off based on the privileges it is granted by channel operators. The majority of its functionality can be turned on by granting the bot voice. Some additional bot features require full operator privileges.
This is a list of some bot commands. More may be added.
Command & Syntax
|What it does||Example Input||Example Output|
||Outputs Time||!time||It is 21:27:48 right now|
||Outputs Date & Time||!date||Today is Thu Jan 22 21:30:43 2009.|
||Solves Equation||!calc 1+1||GPFontaine, result is: 2|
||Rolls a number of dice, up to 10||!roll 5||rolls the dice for Crazy_Bastard: 1, 2, 1, 3, 3.|
||Generates an integer between the two numbers||!random 6 10||8|
||Convert a temperature.||!convert 60 C||60° Fahrenheit is 15.555556° Celsius.|
||State when a person was last in the channel||!seen GPFontaine||GPFontaine was last seen quitting IRC 11 mins ago|
||Turns the timer on or off.||!timer 5 Stuff.
|Timer activated. |
||Sets the bot to respond or ignore trigger words. Kick triggers are always active.||!speak
|I can speak! |
Shutting up now.
||Start & Stop the Trivia Game or check someone's rank.||!start
|Starting Trivia. |
GPFontaine has 2 points.
||Submit a question for the trivia game.||!addquestion||A private message from LexiaBot9000 will be sent with instructions to follow. Only one person may use this command at a time. Allow 30 seconds between uses to avoid confusing LexiaBot9000. All entries are reviewed before they are added to the trivia database.|
||High / Low game||!hl on 10
|Higher/Lower game enabled |
Higher/Lower game disabled.
||Timebomb game... this shit is just mean. Limit your usage or you will be booted.||!timebomb GPFontaine
|straps a bomb to GPFontaine's back. The display reads  seconds. |
...snip GPFontaine was booted from #sydlexia by LexiaBot9000 (*BOOOM!*)
||Your fortune will be predicted||!fortune||You will meet a dark, handsome stranger.|
||States a definition, adds a definition, or removes a definition||!define Sydapedia
!defadd Sydapedia the source of all that is true in this world.
|Sydapedia: the source of all that is true in this world.|
Sydapedia stored succesfully.
Sydapedia was removed from database.
||Starts the Mastermind game, guesses a number, quits the game, or checks someone's score.||!mastermind
|I'm thinking of a four digit number, with no 0's in it... |
You have 0 correct and 0 out of place.
You pansy, you couldn't even take the time to figure out that the number was 3284?
The average amount of guesses Fernin has used to solve Mastermind is 14.25.
||Starts the craps game, rolls the dice, or ends the craps game.||!craps on
|Place ya bets! |
rolls the dice for Fernin: 3 and 6. Fernin, your target number is now 9. Roll again!
Smart Idea, since you aren't exactly James Bond. Come back again when you're not so unlucky.
|Money Making Game
||Play the Money Making Game.||!money
|Let's Play Money Making Game! |
Fernin: -10 -50 +50
Fernin: Sorry, you lose 10 points.
||Play roulette, place a bet.||!roulette
!bet 10 black
|Let's play roulette! |
||Play Russian Roulette with the specified number of bullets, and fire the gun.||!rr 1
|The bullet is in place! Type !fire to try your luck! |
Click! That chamber was empty, Fernin has survived!
|Rock Paper Scissors
||Play Rock Paper Scissors with the bot.||!rps rock
|throws scissors! You win! |
throws paper! It's a tie!
throws rock! You lose!
||Play Hot Potato, pass the potato to another person or put the potato into the trash.||!potato
|Hot potato! Fernin has the potato right now. Quick, !pass it to somebody else! |
Fernin has passed the potato to GPFontaine! Better hurry and pass it to someone else!
Fernin has thrown the potato in the garbage. Game over, folks.
||Play hangman, turn hangman off, guess a letter or a word, and add a word to the hangman database||!hangman
|Let's play hangman! |
The word was communism. Game ended.
e is not in the word. 1 wrong guess so far.
testing is not the word I'm thinking of.
New word added to my database.
||Play hangvowel, turn hangvowel off, guess a word.||!hangvowel
|Let's play hangvowel! |
The word was Nepal. Game ended.
metal is not the word I'm thinking of.
|Snakes & Ladders
||Starts Snakes & Ladders, picks player number, starts the actual game, spins the spinner, or quits the Snakes & Ladders Game.||!snakes on
|Spin the spinner and get to the top first! Who's playing? |
Player 1: Crazy_Bastard.
Starting the game with 2 players, Crazy_Bastard is up first!
Crazy_Bastard moves their piece to 4. You listened to the ops and shut up when you were told to! Your piece is moved forward to 14.
I guess you just have no inner child.
||Starts Anagram game or rescrambles the word, take a guess at the word, and quit the game.||!anagram
|The scrambled word is lsgioylsm. |
The scrambled word is lyosslmig.
The word was: syllogism.
||Ask a question and get a response from the 8ball.||!8ball Will you answer my question?||Signs point to yes.|
|Tic Tac Toe, 1 player
||Starts Tic Tac Toe game, picks a spot to put an X, and quits the game.||!ttt1
|Tic Tac Toe! One player mode! Type !ttt1 # to start playing! |
X O *
* * *
* * *
What, you want to wimp out of a game of tic tac toe? You must be the world's biggest pansy.
|Tic Tac Toe, 2 player
||Starts Tic Tac Toe game, selects players, picks a spot to put an X or an O, and quits the game.||!ttt2
|Tic Tac Toe! Tic Tac Toe! Two player mode! Who's playing today? Type !ttt2 p1 or !ttt2 p2 to join in! |
Player 1 is Fernin!
* * *
* X *
* * *
What, you want to wimp out of a game of tic tac toe? You must be the world's biggest pansy.
|Your hand is: 5C QD. |
You have been dealt: AS.
The housebot's hand is: 5S 6D.
||Slaps someone, or adds a new slap to the bot's database.||!slap FigNewton
!addslap slaps $2 with Patrick Duffy.
|Lexiabot9000 slaps FigNewton with Uwe Boll's severed head! |
Custom slap #20 added to my database.
||Picks a random song from the Jukebox database, or adds a song to it. Youtube URLs only, please.||!jukebox
|897 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwEgFMhGkfU |
Song #1106 added to my database.
||Starts a game of Plinko, dropping the chip down the indicated slot.||!plinko 5||Crazy_Bastard drops a chip down the fifth slot!|
The chip lands in the fifth spot! Crazy_Bastard loses 100 points!
||Challenges someone to a duel, accepts or declines it, and shoots someone.||!challenge Preng
|Preng has been challenged by Fernin! Do you !accept, or !decline? |
Preng has accepted Fernin's challenge! On my mark... !shoot to kill.
Preng was kicked by Lexiabot9000 (BANG!)
||Starts a game of Card Sharks, changes your current card, and bets on the next card.||!cs
!bet 500 low
|Let's play Card Sharks! Your card is 6S. |
Your new card is 10C.
The housebot flips over the next card. It's a 8S! Congrats, you won that bet!
Trivia Game Courtesy
Trivia can be fun, but can also irritate the hell out of people. Follow these, and we'll all get along.
- Chat takes priority over trivia. If people are talking, ask before hitting !start. If someone says !stop, trivia is over. On the flip side, if you have nothing to chat about, don't stop trivia just because you don't like it.
- Try not to answer questions that you submitted, that's pretty much cheating. Give others a chance, and if they don't get it after three hints, then go ahead and answer it.
- Try not to answer questions that you've seen before. There's only so many questions still, so repeats happen a lot. Give others a chance that may not have seen the question yet.
- The exception to the above is if it's a question that you know everyone has seen, or if it's a Quick! Quick! question.
- Answers which are numbers that are less than 100 are ALL written out. So, if the answer happens to be 3, or 12, or 97, it'll actually be three, twelve, or ninety-seven. This is because of the hint system, and also to prevent the insanely annoying situation where multiple people are spamming "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7!" trying to find the right number quickly.
- Server lag happens. On your screen, what you send will appear in the chatroom immediately. On everyone else's screens, that may not be the case. While it may look like you answered first on your screen, the bot always recognizes the person who appears on its own screen first. This isn't bullshit, it's the internet, so don't bitch about it.
- Being an idiot and making joke answers to every question isn't entertaining. Maybe you're laughing at it, but nobody else is. The same goes for blatantly ignoring the hints that the bot gives when trying to answer seriously, it just makes you look like a gigantic idiot. The hints are there for a reason, to try to help you get the answer, and they are, believe it or not, accurate. The number of asterisks plus revealed letters will always be the same length as the answer itself, and the revealed letters are always in the correct place.
- Don't even think about going to google, wikipedia, gamefaqs, or any other place to look up the answers. That's just plain lame. If you don't know it, too bad.
- The bot is buggy when it comes to giving hints or answers that have numbers in them. This is a known bug, and something that can't be fixed, so kindly stop pointing it out or being all "WTF?!" over it. Furthermore, questions themselves can become completely buggy over time. This happens when a command word (like !char or !rr) is in the answer. The bot gets hung up and confused when it sees a command word, and doesn't recognize the answer for what it is. Spamming what you know is the answer sure as hell ain't gonna do any good.
- When submitting questions, don't submit idiotic nonsense like, "Hello./Spikey Love Nipples" or "Hahahahahahaha./Hahahahaha Hahahaha". And please, no 4chan memes.
The bot also triggers off of some words and phrases, such as "Porn", "Bot", and "bored". No, they're not all going to be listed. Finding them is half the fun.
- Note: The bot now has the commands !shutup and !speak. These commands turn the triggers off and on, respectively.
Other Bot Stuff
Some games have a 5 second delay timer on them to prevent bot spam. So far as I can remember, this is currently limited to the !letter command of the Hangman game, and the !fire command of Russian Roulette.
When playing the !anagram game, correct letters in guesses are capitalized. Additionally, any capitalized letters in the initial jumble are capitalized in the unscrambled word (For example, "TheRiddler" would show as "leheRidrTd", and a guess of "rhetiddler" would be displayed by the bot as "rHEtIDDLER").
Timebombing or passing the potato to someone who is AFK is nothing short of a dick move, and will get you kicked. That's the reason both of those games can only be turned on by the ops, since the power to kick anyone just shouldn't be available to anyone at all times. Just don't do it.
Only one timebomb can be out at any given time, and you can't cut the wires on a bomb that isn't on your own body. You can only save yourself, not anyone else.
While you are free to define and redefine any word or phrase you like, don't use the bot to troll. Also, if there's a disagreement about what something's definition should be, don't get into a definition war and go back and forth removing and redefining it. This is about the most immature thing you can possibly do with the bot and will only serve to piss off the ops, and probably everyone else in the room.
Any new games may well still be going under beta testing, so don't expect them to work perfectly all the time. If you find any glitches, bugs, or other mistakes, report them to Fernin.
The !8ball is meant for yes or no questions. If you ask it an open ended question and yell at it for not giving you a good answer, you can expect to be yelled at by whoever else is in the room, because you're probably a moron!
Ask the bot "Are you pondering what I'm pondering?" with the !8ball command sometime, you'll get some fun results.
The command to turn something off is nearly always "off" or "quit". If one doesn't work, try the other.
Bets you can make in roulette are: Any number between 0 and 36, 00, first, second, third, top, bottom, red, black, odd, or even.
The Tic Tac Toe board and input goes from 1 to 9, as seen here:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
As of now, the bot has no AI in the Tic Tac Toe game, it only picks spots randomly. The AI will come when Fernin has time for it, so don't bring it up, unless you want a rather angry op.
Some commands and triggers will only work when the bot has ops.
The bot does occasionally encounter glitches when trying to access the rank file, and as such, you may lose points you !bet on something. Not much can be done about this, honestly.